This Timeline is an outline of events during the entire span of the meetup, and will be updated with more specific times and events over time, based on input from surveys and suggestions. Please feel free to comment/suggest anything by emailing to Suggestions@avatarmeet.com.
(All events subject to change)
Saturday July 18:
- Camping Event Begins - more info
- Camping arrival day.
- Meet & greet.
- Camping ends, transit to Estes Park.
- Travel Day, hotel check-in.
- AvatarMeet 2015 Begins - more info
- 6 P.M. - 8 P.M. | MSG & Badge pick-up, check-in, meet & greet - Columbine Room (Rodeway Inn)
- 10:30 A.M. | Avatar Collector's Edition screening - more info
- Na'vi Arts & Crafts
- Explore Estes Park
- 8:30 P.M. | Estes Park Memorial Observatory (Weather permitting) - more info
- 10 A.M. - 1 P.M. | Volunteering - Bluff Lake Nature Center (3400 Havana Way Denver, Co 80238)
- 10 A.M. - 2 P.M. | Sightseeing trip: Trail Ridge Road
- 1 P.M. | Na'vi arts & crafts - Columbine Room
- 3 P.M. | Na'vi practice session with Karyu Pawl
- 5 P.M. - 6 P.M. | Special guest - Columbine Room
- 7 P.M. | Clan Meal (Pending confirmation)
- Travel Day, hotel check-out
(Thursday July 23rd, 10:30 A.M. | Reel Mountain Theater)What better way to kick off AvatarMeet than a screening of Avatar? This year we've booked the Reel Mountain Theater for a special screening of the Collector's Edition extended-cut of Avatar. The film rolls at 10:30 A.M., and we need to be out by 2 P.M. to make way for the theater's regular afternoon schedule. To concessions stand will be open, so if you need a butter covered sugar infused 2nd breakfast, that's an option for sure!
As normal, to enter the screening, you'll need to be registered on AvatarMeet.com as attending the 2015 meetup.
(Thursday July 23rd, 8:30 P.M. | Estes Park Memorial Observatory)A special opportunity to look into the night sky at a guided tour of the Estes Park Memorial Observatory. This is expected to take about 2 hours, and is weather dependent.
The visit is free, however the observatory operates entirely on donations, so contributions will of course be graciously accepted to help out the good cause.