Coming to AvatarMeet 2015? This is the page to read for all the nuts and bolts information you'll need to ensure a good trip. We'll keep updating the page as we get more details firmed up.
- The price per room is the same for bedrooms with one double bed (King Room) or two double beds (Queen Room).
- The room cost per night for July 22nd - 23rd is $107.96 + tax (9.7%) (= $118.43 / night).
- The room cost per night for July 24nd - 25th is $134.96 + tax (9.7%) (= $148.05 / night).
- Total hotel cost for July 22nd - 25th works out to $532.96 including tax.
- Free continental breakfast. (For the first time at a meet up hotel!)
- Free coffee.
- Free wireless high-speed Internet access.
- Free local calls.
- Indoor heated pool and hot tub.
- Attendees will need to leave a valid credit card deposit with the hotel at the time of check-in.
- All rooms are non-smoking and there is a "cleaning/damage fee" if you leave a big mess of damage anything. Cosplayers take note!
How to make your reservation:Making your reservation is easy. You have two options:
Simply call the hotel on +1 970 586-5363 and mention that you are part of "The AvatarMeet 2015 Group" and ask for the discount. Make sure you have your credit card to hand.
If you would like to book on line you need to book via the Choices Hotels Website here: http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-estes_park-colorado-CO211. In order to ensure you get the discount you need to contact the hotel via either email (email@example.com) or call them up (+1 970 586-5363) to get your name added to the AvatarMeet Group List.
You need to book your room by June 22nd 2015 to get the discounted rate. However, it is strongly advised you book as soon as possible to ensure you get the room you would like.
Hotel Location:Here is a map of the hotel location:
- The airport that many will be arriving at is Denver International Airport. (http://www.flydenver.com/)
- For anyone looking for transport options to get between Denver airport, the Amtrak or Greyhound stations there is an airport shuttle to and from Estes Park calling at the Hotel. It is $85 return or $45 one way. More information: http://www.estesparkshuttle.com/DIA-airport-shuttle
- In Estes Park there is also a free bus service for getting around. Information can be found here: http://www.visitestespark.com/maps-and-info/free-shuttle-buses/
Coming from outside the US?:
- If you are coming to the US, especially for the first time, you will need to make sure you have the correct travel documentation. The obvious one is a passport. If you don't have one already, make sure you apply for your country's passport as soon as possible, as they may take time to process. You can find more by visiting your country's government websites and passport issuing offices.
- Many countries come under the US Visa Waiver Program which simply requires you to fill in an Electronic Travel Authorization System (ESTA) form (cost $14). To find out more information visit here: http://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/esta
- You may find that you need a visa in order to gain entry into America. This is a separate document to your passport and will need to be applied for, usually separately from your passport. There is a helpful website run by the US Department of State that explains what you will need. The website is: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit.html.
- In addition, your local travel agent/service should be able to provide you with guidance and advice.
- Your travel documents will be one of the most important things that you will carry with you to AvatarMeet 2015, so it is important you make sure you have the correct ones and you look after them!