Coming to AvatarMeet 2017? This is the page you need to read for all the nuts and bolts information to ensure a good trip. We'll keep updating the page over time.
In addition, we will be visiting the Kennedy Space Center which is about an hour away from where we are staying. Ticket prices for here are $50 for the day and more information on them is available here.
Remember we will be car sharing so make sure you have a ride and also make sure you give a few $ to the drivers for parking and gas money.
It is less than two miles south of the entrance to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, where Pandora – The World of Avatar is located.
We have made arrangements with the hotel to block book ten rooms from Monday night (November 6th) through Saturday night (November 11th) for a total of 6 nights. Once all ten room are booked, people will still be able to book a room subject to room availability; so it is a good idea to book as soon as you can. If you want to extend your stay either side of these dates or stay less days, this will not be a problem. Just state the arrival and departure dates you would like.
Hotel room rates:
- Two double queen beds with fridge and microwave: $74 + Resort fee of $8.81 +tax per night and includes hot breakfast buffet. (This becomes $94 including taxes (13.5%)).
- Car Parking Rate: FREE
- 100% Smoke Free Hotel
- Complimentary wireless Internet access
- Complimentary Newspaper
- Gift Shop
- Jacuzzi and Pool
- Meeting Room
- Laundry Facility On Site
- Multilingual Staff
- Convenience Store
- Copier and Fax Machines
- Express Check-In and Checkout
- Fitness Center
- Attraction Tickets
- Website: http://www.comfortinnkissimmee.com/
"Any damage to hotel by a group member will be paid for prior to check out. Our property is a non-smoking property. There will be a $250.00 charge to the individual if there is smoking in the suite. Any alarms falsely pulled by a group member, a fine of $1000.00 will be paid by the individual member before check out. Any items removed from the hotel will be charged to the individual. Any lost revenue due to damage by a group member will be paid by the individual prior to check out. Complimentary transportation buses to the Disney Parks are not available for group guests."
Keep in mind that by finding a roommate, your hotel cost is essentially cut in half. Make sure your profile is up to date if you are looking for a roommate.
How to make your reservation:Making your reservation is easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Simply call the hotel on +1 407-396-4000 and then dial 0 once you get through the automated answer message.
- This should get you through to the hotel front desk, which you can confirm is the Comfort Inn Maingate.
- Then let them know that you would like to make a room booking under the AvatarMeet Group block booking.
- Book your room - making sure you have your credit card with you.
You need to book your room by October 6th 2017 to get the discounted rate. However, it is strongly advised you book as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:Each person in the group shall conduct themselves at the event and in the accommodations in an orderly manner, in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations and hotel rules. Each person assumes full responsibility for the conduct of themselves and for any damage done to any part of the hotel’s premise during any time on the premises.
Hotel Location:Here is a map of the hotel location relative to Animal Kingdom:
Map showing route and distance from the airport to the hotel:
Orlando Airport:Many will be arriving in Florida via the airport (https://www.orlandoairports.net/) and there are a range of options to get from there to the hotel. The airport has a dedicated website for ground transportation covering Lynx buses, cabs, Airport shuttles , etc: https://www.orlandoairports.net/parking-transportation/
The bus route from the Airport to the hotel is to catch a 407 to Kissimmee and then the 55 service which drops you more or less outside the hotel. Note that the 407 service does not run on a Sunday. There is more information on the Lynx transport system here: http://www.golynx.com/
If many of us are arriving at or going to the airport at a similar time booking a Super Shuttle (https://www.supershuttle.com/how-it-works/) could well be the best way to go. Car rental is also available from airport and information can be found here: https://www.orlandoairports.net/parking-transportation/rental-cars/
Arriving by train?The nearest station is Kissimmee. Amtrak (https://www.amtrak.com/home ) operate services to here as well as a local rail service called SunRail (http://sunrail.com/ ). The good thing is that the rail and bus stations are interlinked and you on arrival to can then catch the No.55 service to the hotel.
Interpark transportation.You need to have a park hopper option on your Disney ticket to get this, but it seems a hassle free option: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/express-transportation-options/
Coming from outside the US?:
- If you are coming to the US, especially for the first time, you will need to make sure you have the correct travel documentation. The obvious one is a passport. If you don't have one already, make sure you apply for your country's passport as soon as possible, as they may take time to process. You can find more by visiting your country's government websites and passport issuing offices.
- Many countries come under the US Visa Waiver Program which simply requires you to fill in an Electronic Travel Authorization System (ESTA) form (cost $14). To find out more information visit here: http://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/esta
- You may find that you need a visa in order to gain entry into America. This is a separate document to your passport and will need to be applied for, usually separately from your passport. There is a helpful website run by the US Department of State that explains what you will need. The website is: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit.html.
- In addition, your local travel agent/service should be able to provide you with guidance and advice.
- Your travel documents will be one of the most important things that you will carry with you to AvatarMeet 2017, so it is important you make sure you have the correct ones and you look after them!