AvatarMeet 2017: Just a last few things to remember
less than a week to go before the clan meets on Pandora and numbers now
locked, we thought we would fit in one final newsletter. This
issue contains some useful updates and reminders. These cover the
schedule for visiting Pandora, hotel information, things to remember to
bring and much more. There is also a link to download your
electronic copy of the Meet-up Survival Guide (Paper copies will be
available at the meet up). So with out further a-do, here it is!
Remember to bring...:
Below are just a few reminders on things that you will need to bring to the meet up:
Many will be flying into Orlando on their ikrans to attend AvatarMeet so here are a few links that maybe of assistance:
- If you bought your tickets for Disney
on-line then remember to bring some form of photo ID to get into Disney
as well at the credit/debit card you used to purchase them.
- For the volunteering remember to bring a
hat, close-toed shoes, bug spray, sunblock, water bottle and work
gloves. They have some gloves they can lend us, but it would be
beneficial if we could bring our own.
For any one arriving early or leaving late
the hotel is happy for you to leave your luggage with them outside of
the check-in and check-out times.
On the Monday evening (Nov 6th) there will
be an informal welcome evening to allow people to catch up. Paper
copies of the Meet-up Survival Guide will be available and the T-shirts
will be handed out. The event starts at 6pm and we also hope to
watch Avatar again to get us in the mood. We do need to try and
start the film as close to 7pm as possible as it will be an early start
on Tuesday morning.
The meet up will kick off early Tuesday
morning as we need to be at the main gates to Animal Kingdom by 7:30am -
so no midnight snacks! Below is a run down of the schedule
- There is an Orlando International Airport app available for your smart phones that you can get via here.
- The website for Orlando International Airport is: www.orlandoairports.net
- As Alec has already shared on the AvatarMeet Facebook page, be aware there are more stringent security checks in place at Orlando.
- Information on travel to and from the airport can be found here.
- For those coming from overseas, if applicable, remember to apply for your Visa Waiver.
- More travel information is available in the Meet-up Survival Guide.
Remember to bring your tickets with you
along with the original credit card used during the purchase and a valid
government-issued photo ID, like a passport, etc.
- 07:00 - Gather in hotel foyer
- 07:10 - Depart for Disney
- 07:30 - Arrive at Animal Kingdom main gate
- 08:15 - Go on one of the Pandora rides
- 08:45 - Breakfast and talk by Imagineers and Karyu Pawl
- 10:00 - Breakfast ends and we have the day to explore Pandora and the rest of Animal Kingdom.
As mentioned previously, unfortunately cosplay is not allowed in Disney
as they have their own corporate cosplayers and they have a brand image
they are very protective of.
If you have not already, and are so inclined, you can create a 'My Disney Experience'
log-in. This can help you with planning your visit, make
reservations and obtain fast passes. This is supplemented by an
app for smart phones that you can obtain from here.
Kennedy Space Center:
If you haven't already got your tickets for the Kennedy Space Center you can get them from here. Some have already purchased the 'Explore Tour' booking in on the 1:30 pm tour.
Car Sharing Reminder:
If you don't have a ride already, make sure
you ask around on the Monday evening meet up. It looks like we
should have enough seats with those who will be bringing their own cars
or renting them for the duration of the meet up. For those who
will be passengers, make sure you look after those who will be driving
by helping with the car rental cost, gas money and any parking
charges. After all, they are driving you to the various venues.
Meet -Up Survival Guide:
A Meet-Up Survival Guide (MSG) has been
produced covering the 'Rules of Meet-Up', event schedule, along with
information on Disney, The Kennedy Space Center, travel information,
places to eat and more. You can download your PDF copy in booklet
form from HERE or straight page copy HERE.