Coming to AvatarMeet 2016? This is the page to read for all the nuts and bolts information you'll need to ensure a good trip. We'll keep updating the page as we get more details firmed up.
Cambria Suites Hotel Suites, 1320 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, 15219, US.
It is located next door to the CONSOL Energy Center, where the Cirque du Soleil will perform TORUK - The First Flight.
We have made arrangements with the hotel to block book 8 rooms from Thursday night (June 23rd) through Saturday night (June 25th) for a total of 3 nights. Once all eight room are booked, people will still be able to book a room subject to room availability; so it is a good idea to book as soon as you can. Due to the late change in the location for AvatarMeet 2016, the room rates are higher than we would normally be able to get. However, for the location it is the optimum we have been able to obtain in the time available. You can of course reduce the room cost by room sharing with up to four people.
Hotel room rates:
- Single king bend + a pull out sofa bed: $149 +tax per night and includes breakfast. (This becomes $171 including taxes (14%). If four share this reduces to $43 per night each.)
- Car Parking Rate: $18 per night
- 100% Smoke Free Hotel
- Prime location next to CONSOL Energy Center, our Cirque du Soliel venue
- Convenient attached Self-Parking Deck* ($18 per night)
- Complimentary Local Shuttle Service within 3 mile radius
- Social Circle™, a bistro style restaurant for breakfast, lunch & dinner*
- In Room Dining available (limited hours)*
- Barista Coffee Bar*
- Complimentary 24-hour Business Center with Printer
- Free WiFi Internet Access with Remote Printing
- GetCetera, our onsite gift & sundry shop*
- CustomFit™, a state-of-the-art Fitness Center and Indoor Heated Pool
- Guest Laundry & Same Day Dry Cleaning Services*
- Safety Deposit Boxes available
- Multi-Lingual Staff - although not sure if they know Na'vi!
- Free Daily Newspaper
- Service Animals Only
- Website: http://www.cambriasuitespittsburgh.com/
There is a "cleaning/damage fee" if you leave a big mess or damage anything. Cosplayers take note!
Keep in mind that by finding a roommate, your hotel cost is essentially cut in half, or thirds or quarters. Make sure your profile is up to date if you are looking for a roommate.
How to make your reservation:Making your reservation is easy. Simply call the hotel on +1 877-305-7123 and let them know that you are reserving for the "AvatarMeet" group and ask for the discount. Make sure you have your credit card on hand when making your booking. The Reservations line is open as follows:
Monday - Friday: 8am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 3pm
You need to book your room by May 31st 2016 to get the discounted rate. However, it is strongly advised you book as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:Each person in the group shall conduct themselves at the event and in the accommodations in an orderly manner, in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations and hotel rules. Each person assumes full responsibility for the conduct of themselves and for any damage done to any part of the hotel’s premise during any time on the premises.
Hotel Location:Here is a map of the hotel location:
Airport Information:The airport that many will be arriving at is Pittsburgh International Airport. It is located to the North West of the city and has direct flight to a number of locations. You can get a Pittsburgh airport app for your smart phone from either iTunes.com or Google Play Store.
- Website for the airport: http://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Public Transportation: http://www.flypittsburgh.com/public_transportation
- Taxi/Limousine/Shuttles information here: http://www.flypittsburgh.com/limousines_taxis_buses
- Car Rental information: http://www.flypittsburgh.com/car_rental
Amtrak Rail information:
- Amtrak Website: https://www.amtrak.com/home
- Pittsburgh Station information: https://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=am/am2Station/Station_Page&code=PGH
Coming from outside the US?:
- If you are coming to the US, especially for the first time, you will need to make sure you have the correct travel documentation. The obvious one is a passport. If you don't have one already, make sure you apply for your country's passport as soon as possible, as they may take time to process. You can find more by visiting your country's government websites and passport issuing offices.
- Many countries come under the US Visa Waiver Program which simply requires you to fill in an Electronic Travel Authorization System (ESTA) form (cost $14). To find out more information visit here: http://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/esta
- You may find that you need a visa in order to gain entry into America. This is a separate document to your passport and will need to be applied for, usually separately from your passport. There is a helpful website run by the US Department of State that explains what you will need. The website is: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit.html.
- In addition, your local travel agent/service should be able to provide you with guidance and advice.
- Your travel documents will be one of the most important things that you will carry with you to AvatarMeet 2016, so it is important you make sure you have the correct ones and you look after them!